5 Reasons Why A Payroll/HCM Prospect Has
Already Forgotten About You (And How To Solve It)
By Glenn Fallavollita - President, Drip Marketing, Inc.
- Word Count: 426
- Time To Read: 1.7 Minutes @ 250 Words Per Minute
Right now, many businesses are looking to switch to a new HCM company or payroll service just like yours. Unfortunately, if they don't remember you, they will end-up hiring your competition and NOT you.
Why Most Decision Makers Have Already Forgotten About Your Payroll Service.
Marketing any size payroll service is a challenge, even if you are a Fortune 500 Company like ADP, Paychex, SurePayroll, Gusto, etc. Here are five reasons as to why:
- Reason #1: People Forget Stuff - 80% of what you tell someone (about your business) is forgotten within 24- to 48-hours.
- Reason #2: Your Salespeople Are Disengaged - 70% of your salespeople are either disengaged or completely disengaged; therefore, how passionate do you think they are about telling someone about the value your payroll service/HCM company can provide them?
- Reason #3: Salespeople Stop Calling Prospects And CPAs - 50% of all salespeople stop calling a prospect/CPA, for 9 to 12 months or altogether, after their FIRST unsuccessful attempt at moving the sales process forward. This percentage skyrockets to 99% after their third attempt.
- Reason #4: They Have A Passive Sales Leader - Most sales leaders let their salespeople do their own "marketing." Now re-read point #3.
- Reason #5: Salespeople Turnover - 50% to 66% of all newly hired payroll salespeople* quit or get fired in their first 9 months of employment.
6 e-Mail Marketing Campaigns That Will Keep Your Payroll Service Top-Of-Mind (PRINT THIS LIST):
To help you and your sales team maximize prospect engagement and help generate more sales leads, I have listed below some time-tested campaigns that will work (we prove it all the time to our clients) when marketing your payroll service or HCM company.
- #1: Prospects - e-Mail your database of prospects a "meeting request" letter.
- #2: Clients - e-Mail a survey to your clients (ask for a referral within the survey).
- #3: Everyone On File - e-Mail a press release on a new product or service.
- #4: Everyone On File - e-Mail a product or service spotlight campaign.
- #5: Everyone On File - e-Mail a bundle "deal" to your database of prospects, CPA network, and past clients.
- #6: Everyone On File - e-Mail an educational newsletter, i.e., PPP News, IRS 2021 update, work from home tip, etc.
Summary: If you want to kick your payroll or HCM sales into high gear this month, consider the following tips:
- Develop a one-page sales and marketing strategy for your business.
- Implement the campaigns listed above.
- Have phone blitz days for your sales team to follow-up on the campaigns listed above.