16 Low-Cost Ideas To
Help Market A Payroll Service
By Glenn Fallavollita, President of SellMorePayroll.com & Drip Marketing, Inc.
- Word Count: 526
- Time To Read: 2.1 Minutes
Marketing a payroll service does NOT have to be expensive to attract a new payroll, HCM, or timekeeping client; however, it is essential to stay in contact with your payroll service’s database of clients, prospects, and CPAs as you can never time a sale (or a referral).
- You need to get someone’s attention.
- You need to educate someone on the things that make your payroll service unique and awesome.
- You need to provide someone with a low-risk offer to help them take the next step in the buying process.
16 Marketing Ideas To Help Promote Your Payroll Service Business:
- Add a video to your website and e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Bundle an add-on service with another promotion.
- Buy a road sign billboard promoting your payroll service's logo, graphics, URL, and phone number.
- Conduct a client survey.
- Create a CPA Tax Season Survival Kit.
- Create a Get To Know Us Kit for your salespeople to use in the field.
- Offer a free trial for your payroll processing service or an employee time clock, i.e., XX-day free trial, XX-day money-back guarantee, etc.
- Give your existing marketing material a facelift.
- Install an e-mail drip marketing system (for your clients, prospects, and referral partners).
- Promote an add-on service via a free trial or special offer, i.e., free employee background check.
- Provide a gift card (for dinner, extra holiday money) to the clients who refer a new client your way.
- Provide free report downloads: How To Switch Payroll Service In Three Easy Steps, How To Avoid Payroll Tax Penalties, etc.
- Send each salesperson's list of top 10 prospects and referral partners a lumpy mail campaign every 90-days.
- Invest in your SEO efforts.
- Sponsor a Shred Your Documents Day with a shredding company in conjunction with a local bank or credit union.
- Wrap your company car with your payroll service's logo, graphics, URL, and phone number.
Other Ideas To Help Market Your Payroll Service Business.
- Review your marketing brochures and website and ask yourself, “Does this make us look like an awesome and unique payroll service?”
- If your answer is no, go back and retool your marketing copy, images, and low-risk offers.
A Little About Your Marketing Copy/Messaging.
- When it comes to writing copy, less is more; therefore, limit the words used.
- Use engaging headlines and sub-headlines to help a reader digest your message. Remember, you have about 1 to 2.5 seconds to capture someone’s attention.
Always Be Updating Your Database Of Clients, Prospects, And Referral Partners.
- 50% to 60% of your sales success is directly related to the size and quality of your marketing databases. As I tell our payroll service clients and students, “Show me your marketing databases, and I will show you your sales future.”
- IMPORTANT: If a payroll service's sales leader doesn’t make it a priority to build a massive and high-quality e-mail database, his or her salespeople won’t make it a priority either.
About The Author:
Glenn Fallavollita is a nationally recognized keynote speaker providing money-making advice to help payroll service owners, sales pros, and marketing gurus build more profitable relationships with their database of prospects, referral partners, and clients.
Additionally, Glenn is the president of SellMorePayroll.com and Drip Marketing, Inc. and has written 50+ whitepapers and three sales/self-marketing books, Supercharge Your Payroll Sales NOW!, Stop Whining AND Start Selling, and Drip Marketing: A Powerful New Marketing Strategy That Gets Prospects To Buy From You. He also writes blogs for LinkedIn and other national websites.
Copyright © 2022