16 Things Winning Payroll
Salespeople Do Every Morning
(Print And Share With Your Sales Team)
By Glenn Fallavollita, President of SellMorePayroll.com & Drip Marketing, Inc.
- Word Count: 609
- Time To Read: 2.4 Minutes @ 250 Word Per Minute
To help your sales staff regain its focus, you will find a number of things winning payroll salespeople do every morning below.
16 Things Winning Payroll Salespeople Do Each Morning.
1. They Get To Work Early: Successful salespeople arrive early to the office to avoid the typical interruptions from their co-workers.
2. They Schedule Time To Make Calls: Successful salespeople look at their calendar and block out times to make their "oh, by the way," follow-up calls/cold-calls/warm-calls to their database of clients, past clients, hot/warm prospects, and referral partners.
3. They Update Their Daily To-Do List: Successful salespeople look at yesterday’s to-do list and make adjustments and new entries. Two suggestions:
- Use an iPad or an erasable pen as they are great for making changes to written to-do lists and weekly planners.
- Buy Day-Timer's weekly planner to manage your calendar and to-do list.
4. They Read Their Sales/Personal Goals: Successful salespeople read their sales goals and personal goals to help internalize their success.
5. They Spend One-Hour Reading A Book: Successful salespeople get up early and crack open a book to read. I highly recommend reading SPIN Selling by Neil Rackham; you can buy this fabulous sales book for as little as $6.00 on Amazon.
6. They Post Educational Content To Their LinkedIn Account: Successful salespeople go to their LinkedIn account and post articles of interest to their account.
7. They Give A List Of Problems To Their Sales Manager: Successful salespeople know how to use their sales leaders to handle internal problems.
8. They Say "No" To Non-Revenue Producing Projects: Successful salespeople know they sometimes need to say "thank you, but no thank you" to internal projects that won't generate sales revenue.
9. They Schedule Their Sales Manager's Time On Joint Sales Calls: Successful salespeople know that sometimes a sales manager's presence will help them close an account by taking the team approach to selling.
10. They Organize Their Desk: Successful salespeople know that mornings are a great time to organize their desks to help keep their minds clear of clutter.
11. They Say "Good Morning" To Co-workers: Successful salespeople know they need the help of their co-workers to be successful.
12. They Look For High Priority Items In Their Inbox: Successful salespeople scan their inbox for e-mails from clients, referral partners, networking groups, and prospects for high-value sales opportunities.
13. They Keep Their e-Mails Brief: Successful salespeople don't waste time typing lengthy e-mails. When they do send an e-mail, they write one or two sentences to open the e-mail, use a bulleted list of key information, and then close their e-mail with one or two sentences.
14. They Focus On Their Proposal Pipeline: Successful salespeople know their #1 priority is to "sell." That said, they look at their proposal pipeline report to see what needs to be done with each open proposal. They also know the importance of building their sales pipeline with hot prospects and referral partners.
15. They Review And Rewrite Yesterday's Notes: Successful salespeople know that one of the best ways to remember what happened during yesterday's meetings and calls is to rewrite their notes from the previous day.
16. They Keep Building A Sales Pipeline: Successful salespeople know the size and quality of their sales pipeline is their life; therefore, they keep calling and scheduling appointments with high-value prospects and referral partners.
P.S. #1: The key to managing your day is to take action.
P.S. #2: Reread bullet #14, as a proposal tracking report will be a massive benefit to you.
About The Author:
Glenn Fallavollita is a nationally recognized keynote speaker providing money-making advice to help payroll service owners, sales pros, and marketing gurus build more profitable relationships with their database of prospects, referral partners, and clients.
Additionally, Glenn is the president of SellMorePayroll.com and Drip Marketing, Inc. and has written 50+ whitepapers and three sales/self-marketing books, Supercharge Your Payroll Sales NOW!, Stop Whining AND Start Selling, and Drip Marketing: A Powerful New Marketing Strategy That Gets Prospects To Buy From You. He also writes blogs for LinkedIn and other national websites.
To hire Glenn for your next conference, visit DripMarketingSpeaker.com.
© Drip Marketing, Inc. All Rights Reserved May Not Be Used Without Written Permission.