Friday, January 14 2022
8 e-Mail Prospecting Tips To Help
You might have heard that e-mail marketing is a waste of time because prospects are too busy to open an e-mail from someone they don’t know; however, statistics show many “cold e-mails” are still being opened.
To help you receive a better e-mail response from your database of payroll prospects, CPAs, and yes, your payroll clients, I have listed a number of quick tips below.
1. Proof Your Campaigns: The #1 thing you can do is print AND triple-check your e-mail marketing campaigns. Look for typos, formatting errors, no low-risk offers, etc.
2. Write Enticing Subject Lines: The difference between a great subject line and one that is less than stellar, is the difference between an e-mail getting read and one that gets deleted.
3. Talk Like A Real Person: If your subject line reads like spam, it will be treated as one. Here are some words that could trigger a spam filter:
4. Personalize Your e-Mail: Whenever possible, you should personalize your subject line to include a prospect’s name or company (or both). According to MarketingDive, personalizing an e-mail subject line can boost open rates by 50% and increase click-to-open rates by 58%.
5. Tell The Reader What’s In It For Them: When it comes to your low-risk offer, focus LESS on explaining how your product or service works, and more on how it can add VALUE to their business.
6. Format Your e-Mails For Smartphones: With a prospecting e-mail, you need to ensure your message can be read on a smartphone.
7. Know When To Send A Follow-Up e-Mail: If the majority of your cold prospecting e-mails are still met with a cold shoulder, you need to focus on sending more “educational" driven e-mails, i.e., here's an article you might find of interest.
8. Vary Your Messaging: If a prospect who opened your initial e-mail has gone cold; I highly suggest sending the following types of campaigns to re-engage them:
The Real Leads Will Come From Doing This!
After sending an e-mail campaign, I highly recommend picking up your phone for a quick “Oh, by the way,” call. If you are a client of ours, you know exactly what type of call this is! If you don’t, contact me directly for the answer.
About The Author:
Glenn Fallavollita is a nationally recognized keynote speaker providing money-making advice to help payroll service owners, sales pros, and marketing gurus build more profitable relationships with their database of prospects, referral partners, and clients.
Additionally, Glenn is the president of SellMorePayroll.com and Drip Marketing, Inc. and has written 50+ whitepapers and three sales/self-marketing books, Supercharge Your Payroll Sales NOW!, Stop Whining AND Start Selling, and Drip Marketing: A Powerful New Marketing Strategy That Gets Prospects To Buy From You. He also writes blogs for LinkedIn and other national websites.
© Drip Marketing, Inc. All Rights Reserved May Not Be Used Without Written Permission.