Wednesday, January 12 2022
9 Tips To Help Run A Great Payroll/Timekeeping Demo
In a business world where face-to-face meetings are on a hiatus, you will find nine tips below to help you run a better online demo.
1. Ask Insightful Discovery Questions - Asking the right discovery questions BEFORE the demo will help you understand how you can add value to a prospect's business.
Ask questions like:
2. Customize The Demo For Each Prospect – This requires some work on your end, from adding a prospect’s logo to taking their discovery answers (from above) and working them into your demo.
3. Simplify Your Demo – The key here is to highlight only the most relevant features.
4. Before You Start The Demo, Have A Summary Slide – Before you start the demo, have a PowerPoint slide that summarizes what their problems are (based on your discovery).
5. Show What Your Product/Service Can Do In Everyday Situations - Ask yourself these two questions:
6. Explain Each Click (And Go Slow) – Remember, this prospect is seeing your payroll platform for the first time. Therefore, explain what you are doing and go slow.
7. Show Real Data - Most salespeople use fake data when running a demo. If you want to go the extra mile, try tailoring the information for each specific prospect, i.e., their company name instead of “Business Name.”
8. Take Great Notes On Their Issues And Concerns - Make sure you write what they liked and didn’t like. If not, you won’t be able to summarize the value of what you are selling/overcoming objections.
9. 95% Of All Demos Will Go To The Proposal Stage – That’s right, 95% of all demos go to the proposal stage. Because of this, you need to schedule a “10-minute proposal review day/time” with the prospect. If they don’t agree to a day/time, in person or over the phone, the odds of you closing them are slim.
Summary: What’s listed above is being used by top-performing salespeople throughout the country. Are you ready to be one of them?
About The Author:
Glenn Fallavollita is a nationally recognized keynote speaker providing money-making advice to help payroll service owners, sales pros, and marketing gurus build more profitable relationships with their database of prospects, referral partners, and clients.
Additionally, Glenn is the president of SellMorePayroll.com and Drip Marketing, Inc. and has written 50+ whitepapers and three sales/self-marketing books, Supercharge Your Payroll Sales NOW!, Stop Whining AND Start Selling, and Drip Marketing: A Powerful New Marketing Strategy That Gets Prospects To Buy From You. He also writes blogs for LinkedIn and other national websites.
Copyright © 2022