6 Reasons Why Your Database Of
Payroll Prospects Have Already Forgotten About You
By Glenn Fallavollita, President of SellMorePayroll.com & Drip Marketing, Inc
- Word Count: 413
- Time To Read: 97 Seconds
Right now, a prospect that you or your sales team met in the past is looking to hire a new HCM firm or payroll service. Unfortunately, if they don't remember your business, the sale will go to one of your competitors and not you.
6 Reasons Why Your Payroll Service Has Already Been Forgotten.
- Reason #1: People Forget Stuff - 80% of what you tell a prospect on the phone is forgotten within 60-minutes.
- Reason #2: Your Salespeople Are Disengaged - 70% of your salespeople are either disengaged or completely disengaged; therefore, how passionate do you think they are about telling someone about the value your payroll service/HCM company can provide them?
- Reason #3: Salespeople Stop Calling Prospects And CPAs - 50% of all salespeople stop calling a prospect/CPA, for 9 to 12 months or altogether, after their FIRST unsuccessful attempt at moving the sales process forward. This percentage skyrockets to 99% after their third attempt.
- Reason #4: Passive Sales Leaders - Most sales leaders let their salespeople do their own "marketing." Now re-read point #3.
- Reason #5: Salespeople Turnover - 50% to 66% of all newly hired payroll salespeople* quit or get fired in their first 9 months of employment.
Attention All Sales Leaders: Read Reason #6:
- Reason #6: Salespeople Hate Prospecting For New Business - 40% of all salespeople feel that prospecting is one of the most challenging aspects of their job; therefore, they flat-out ignore this activity.
How To Automatically Keep Your Payroll Service Top-Of-Mind (PRINT THIS LIST):
To help you and your sales team stay top-of-mind in the marketplace, I have listed below some time-tested campaigns below:
- #1: Prospects - e-Mail your database of prospects a "meeting request" letter.
- #2: Clients - e-Mail a survey to your clients (ask for a referral within the survey).
- #3: Everyone On File - e-Mail a press release on a new referral partner, product, or service.
- #4: Everyone On File - e-Mail a product or service spotlight campaign.
- #5: Everyone On File - e-Mail a bundle "deal" to your database of prospects, CPA network, and past clients.
- #6: Everyone On File - e-Mail an educational newsletter, i.e., PPP News, IRS updates, work from home tip, etc.
Summary: If you want to kick your sales into high gear, consider the following tips:
- Develop a one-page sales and marketing strategy for your business.
- Implement the campaigns listed above.
- Have phone blitz days for your sales team to follow up on the campaigns listed above (this is HUGE).
About The Author:
Glenn Fallavollita is a nationally recognized keynote speaker providing money-making advice to help payroll service owners, sales pros, and marketing gurus build more profitable relationships with their database of prospects, referral partners, and clients.
Additionally, Glenn is the president of SellMorePayroll.com and Drip Marketing, Inc. and has written 50+ whitepapers and three sales/self-marketing books, Supercharge Your Payroll Sales NOW!, Stop Whining AND Start Selling, and Drip Marketing: A Powerful New Marketing Strategy That Gets Prospects To Buy From You. He also writes blogs for LinkedIn and other national websites.
© Drip Marketing, Inc. All Rights Reserved May Not Be Used Without Written Permission.