Monday, January 31 2022
e-Mail marketing is still a terrific way for your payroll service to build trust, credibility, and brand recognition in the marketplace; however, it needs to be done right. And based on my experience in sending 100+ million e-mail messages, here are a few pointers for you to consider:
1. Have A Colleague Do A 4-Second Test - Send a copy of your e-mail campaign to a colleague to see if they can quickly 1. Review your e-mail for clarity and brevity, and 2. Determine your low-risk offer.
2. Proof Your Campaign At Least 2X –Before you press the send button, print your campaign for proofing and then hand it to one or two other people for proofing.
3. Avoid Using 'No-Reply' In The SENDER'S e-Mail Address – Avoid using the phrase "no reply," or a similar phrase, as your e-mail sender's name.
4. Remove These e-mail Addresses – Before you launch your next mass e-mail campaign, I recommend removing all generic, i.e., @aol.com, @hotmail.com, etc., and role, i.e., service@, info@, etc. e-mail addresses from your database. Why? They will be the ones who cause the most issues for you with services like Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, etc. After doing that, upload your database to a third-party verification service to tag the invalid/complainer e-mail address.
5. Clean Your e-Mail Database - After sending your e-mail campaign, remove all bounced e-mail addresses. With services like Constant Contact, they make it easy to do this.
6. Link Your e-Mail’s Low-Risk Offer To A Landing Page – To help you provide a reader subscriber with more information, connect your offer to a landing page.
In today’s world of home office working, your target audience is spending more time than ever before in their inbox. And to help you maximize your e-mail marketing efforts, spend a few extra minutes making your e-mail campaigns a great brand experience.
About The Author:
Glenn Fallavollita is a nationally recognized keynote speaker providing money-making advice to help payroll service owners, sales pros, and marketing gurus build more profitable relationships with their database of prospects, referral partners, and clients.
Additionally, Glenn is the president of SellMorePayroll.com, a division of Drip Marketing, Inc. and has written 50+ whitepapers and three sales/self-marketing books, Supercharge Your Payroll Sales NOW!, Stop Whining AND Start Selling, and Drip Marketing: A Powerful New Marketing Strategy That Gets Prospects To Buy From You. He also writes blogs for LinkedIn and other national websites.
To hire Glenn for your next conference, visit DripMarketingSpeaker.com.
© Drip Marketing, Inc. All Rights Reserved May Not Be Used Without Written Permission.