641 Words Of Tough Love For All
Payroll Salespeople To Read
(Print And Share With Your Sales Team And Sales Leader)
By Glenn Fallavollita, President of SellMorePayroll.com & Drip Marketing, Inc.
- Word Count: 641
- Read Time: 2.6 Minutes
Are you a payroll salesperson who wants to upgrade their sales results? How about a sales leader who wants to jump-start their sales team's sales? If you are, take a moment to read the list below (print and share with your sales team/sales leader).
- Stop Your Whining: It’s time you stopped whining about your sales dilemma, as it will only prolong the issue.
- Deliver Every Payroll Proposal In Person Or Via A Webinar: When giving a proposal for what you are selling, provide a prospect two to three options either in person or via a screen share program.
- Don’t Give Up: ~50% of all salespeople stop calling a prospect for at least 9- to 12-months or altogether after their first unsuccessful attempt at moving the sales process forward. Remember, decision-makers change, and your competition is never perfect.
- e-Mail More Than An Newsletter To Help Market Your Payroll Service Or HCM Biz: If you are only blasting a generic, one-size-fits-all e-newsletter to everyone in your e-mail database, you are committing e-mail marketing suicide.
- Give 100% Because 99% Or Less Won’t Cut It: If you are giving anything less than 100%, the sales profession (and your sales leader) will eat you up.
- Go Old School: If you read something of interest in a magazine, scan it/take a picture of it and e-mail it to the people you have in your database.
- Invest In Yourself Because No One Else Will: Since no one will care more about your sales success than you, I recommend that you take a few sales training classes and read as many books on the subject of sales and marketing as possible.
- Keep Score Of Your Sales Results AND Sales Activities: Once you start keeping score, you will see what is/isn’t working.
- Look At What Your Company’s #1 Salesperson Is Doing: If you want to become better at what you sell, blueprint what your company’s top salesperson (which is frequently the business owner) is doing, what they say, whom they say it to and how often they say it.
- Make The Commitment To Increasing Your Sales: The first step to increasing your sales is the commitment to taking action.
- Power Off Your Smartphone: You and I both know that your smartphone is a massive distraction to you.
- Schedule Phone Blitz Sessions Each Week: Start scheduling time each week to have 90- to 120-minute phone blitz sessions.
- Start Calling More People: One of the top ways to increase your sales is to make more phone calls to your database of contacts.
- Stop Being A Mind Reader: You cannot look at a prospect’s name and say, “I’m not going to call this person as they’re probably not interested in buying what I am selling.”
- Stop Playing The Sales Stalking Game: Most salespeople play the “let’s see who I can call” sales stalking game with little to no strategy on who to call. Avoid this type of following-up.
- Work Continuously On Building Your Database: Your marketing database(s) represents 50% to 60% of your sales success; therefore, make it a priority to build and update your CRM databases.
- Write Down Your Sales Goals: Doing better is the result of taking action on that decision.
- Your Sales Pipeline Is YOUR Life: Starting today, you will fill your sales pipeline with more sales opportunities.
My Last Two Pieces Of Advice.
#1: Start Taking Action Today: If you want to win more sales, start improving your sales and marketing skills today, not tomorrow. Successful salespeople don’t wait until their selling season starts to take action.
#2: It’s Called “Selling” For A Reason: Unfortunately, many underperforming salespeople lie to their sales leader about the number of sales calls they had each week, how robust their sales pipeline activity is to even where they were on a particular day. Today is the day you will start taking ownership of your sales pipeline/results and your time management skills.
About The Author:
Glenn Fallavollita is a nationally recognized keynote speaker providing money-making advice to help payroll service owners, sales pros, and marketing gurus build more profitable relationships with their database of prospects, referral partners, and clients.
Additionally, Glenn is the president of SellMorePayroll.com and Drip Marketing, Inc. and has written 50+ whitepapers and three sales/self-marketing books, Supercharge Your Payroll Sales NOW!, Stop Whining AND Start Selling, and Drip Marketing: A Powerful New Marketing Strategy That Gets Prospects To Buy From You. He also writes blogs for LinkedIn and other national websites.
© Drip Marketing, Inc. All Rights Reserved May Not Be Used Without Written Permission.