Affect A Payroll Service’s e-Mail Results
(Print And Share With Your Marketing Team And Sales Leader)
By Glenn Fallavollita, President of SellMorePayroll.com & Drip Marketing, Inc.
- Word Count: 244
- Read Time: 58 Seconds
Have you seen an increase in your e-mail open rates in Q4 2021/Q1 2022? If you have, it is due to Apple's new "Mail Privacy Protection" policy - a new policy that prevents e-mail marketers from using invisible pixels to collect information from recipients.
The feature is now available for users of Apple’s Mail app for:
- Mac Computers
- Apple Watch
What does this new policy do? It allows an Apple device user to mask...
- When and where they open an e-mail.
- What device is used to open an e-mail.
- Other online activity linked to that device.
Fast Facts From CNBC's Article: How Apple’s upcoming e-mail privacy update could change what’s in your inbox.
- In the past, data from an e-mail was loaded only when the recipient opened the e-mail and downloaded the e-mail’s images, which happened automatically in most cases.
- This data included a pixel, which allowed your e-mail provider to detect that the e-mail was opened, what device was used, and sometimes where the subscriber was located when they opened the e-mail.
- With Mail Privacy Protection, Apple Mail preloads images and content of e-mails you send — including the tracking pixel — regardless of if the recipient actually opened the e-mail or not.
Other Key Points:
- Apple’s new e-Mail Privacy Protection policy is now forcing marketers and publishers who use e-mail to reach their subscriber base to rethink some of the ways they’ve measured, monetized, or used e-mail.
- Consumers might eventually notice a difference in the marketing e-mails they are getting — and may see brands reaching them in other ways outside the inbox, like texting.
Click Here To CNBC’s Article: How Apple’s upcoming e-mail privacy update could change what’s in your inbox.
About The Author:
Glenn Fallavollita is a nationally recognized keynote speaker providing money-making advice to help payroll service owners, sales pros, and marketing gurus build more profitable relationships with their database of prospects, referral partners, and clients.
Additionally, Glenn is the president of SellMorePayroll.com and Drip Marketing, Inc. and has written 50+ whitepapers and three sales/self-marketing books, Supercharge Your Payroll Sales NOW!, Stop Whining AND Start Selling, and Drip Marketing: A Powerful New Marketing Strategy That Gets Prospects To Buy From You. He also writes blogs for LinkedIn and other national websites.
© Drip Marketing, Inc. All Rights Reserved May Not Be Used Without Written Permission.