How To Increase Your e-Mail
Open Rates By 20%, 33%, Or More
(PRINT AND USE AT YOUR NEXT SALES MEETING)
By Glenn Fallavollita, President of SellMorePayroll.com & Drip Marketing, Inc
- Word Count: 389
- Time To Read: 1.6 Minutes
Are you concerned that your e-mail marketing campaigns aren’t being opened by your database of payroll prospects and/or referral partners? If you are, you will find the strategies I have below of tremendous value.
Factors Affecting E-mail Open Rates.
Many factors will influence the open rate of an e-mail campaign. They are:
- Content relevance from past e-mail campaigns.
- Database being used, i.e., client vs. prospect database.
- Day of the week the campaign was sent.
- Frequency/recency of past e-mails sent.
- Subject line used.
- The name in the “From” field.
- Time of day.
- Word count from past e-mail campaigns.
7 Subject Line Tips:
- Use A Subject Lines That Generates Curiosity: Curiosity is basic human nature. When your subject line strikes one’s curiosity chord, it will trigger them to open your e-mail.
- Use A Personalized Subject Line: Personalizing your e-mail subject line helps foster familiarity with a reader, therefore, increases their sense of trust in you/your business.
- Announce A Free Offer In The Subject Line: Freebies; who doesn’t love them as they act as incentives to help someone take the next step in the buying process.
- Use A Humorous Subject Line: Humorous subject lines will stick out in your readers’ inboxes and trigger them to smile; therefore, open your e-mail.
- Use A Shocking Subject Line: A good way to grab a reader’s attention is to state something unexpected.
- Ask A Question: Asking a question in the subject line makes someone think, i.e., Do you hate your payroll service? or Do you need a new payroll service in 202X?
- Fear Of Missing Out: You can use fear in your subject lines by adding 1. an element of shortage (limited availability) or 2. Urgency (offer end date).
How To Do An A/B Test:
- Sort your e-mail database by e-mail address.
- Create two lists (of equal size) from the abovementioned sort.
- Create two identical e-mails.
- Write two different subject lines for each campaign.
- Send the campaigns out on the same day/time.
If you are unhappy with your e-mail open rates, take a moment to change things up. Conversely, if you are happy with your e-mail open rates, you can always do better.
About The Author:
Glenn Fallavollita is a nationally recognized keynote speaker providing money-making advice to help payroll service owners, sales pros, and marketing gurus build more profitable relationships with their database of prospects, referral partners, and clients.
Additionally, Glenn is the president of SellMorePayroll.com and Drip Marketing, Inc. and has written 50+ whitepapers and three sales/self-marketing books, Supercharge Your Payroll Sales NOW!, Stop Whining AND Start Selling, and Drip Marketing: A Powerful New Marketing Strategy That Gets Prospects To Buy From You. He also writes blogs for LinkedIn and other national websites.
Copyright © 2022