What To Do When Your Payroll Prospects
Say "Call Me After The Holidays Are Over."
- Word Count: 389
- Time To Read: 1.6 Minutes [Based on 250 Per Minute]
December is when many payroll salespeople start hearing prospects say things like:
- "Call me after the holidays."
- "Our business is slow right now, so we won't be buying anything until after the first of the year."
- "We're going to wait until after the first of the year before we change _________."
As you can imagine, this time of year presents a unique and difficult challenge for many salespeople.
Here Are Just A Few Responses For Handling A Prospect Who Is Delaying A Buying Decision:
- "I can relate to things being slow right now. By the way, it's probably a good time to meet and review our new _______ package/pricing for ____________________. When are you free to meet?"
- "I can relate to things being slow right now, but tell me, will anything change after the first of the year that will prevent you from starting then?"
- "I understand. What day after the first of the year would you like to meet?"
- "I understand. By the way, you can switch services now and we give you 30 days free as well as free W-2s. Does that work for you? On top of that, you will save X% by avoiding our 2015 price increase."
If A Prospect Still Says "No" Here Is What You Need To Do:
Here are three suggestions for when you run into people who really want to put things off until after the first of the year.
- Schedule a follow-up call for the first week of the year.
- Place them in your weekly e-mail drip marketing campaigns; this will keep your company's name in their mind's eye.
- Send them relevant information (ACA information) about their industry versus notes asking, "Are you ready to buy yet?"
Executive Summary: If prospects are delaying their decision to buy from you, we recommend offering an alternative close. By doing so, you will most likely find the underlying cause of why they are not buying from you - remember, people like "end-of-the-year" deals to make them feel good about getting a great deal.
About The Author
Glenn Fallavollita is the President of SellMorePayroll.com, a Division of Drip Marketing, Inc. He founded Drip Marketing, Inc. in 2002, and serves as CEO, lead copywriter and strategist. He is also instrumental in developing the curriculum, format and expansion of Drip University - the training arm of Drip Marketing, Inc. and SellMorePayropll.com. His work, insight and creative talent has been the catalyst for the delivery of more than 30 million e-mail campaigns on behalf of his clients.
To learn how we can help your payroll service increase its sales, visit us on the web at www.SellMorePayroll.com or call us directly at (856) 401-9577.