10 Easy Ways To Increase
Your Payroll Service's Sales
By Glenn Fallavollita, CEO – SellMorePayroll.com | Author | Keynote Speaker
- Word Count: 663
- Time To Read: 2.6 Minutes [Based on 250 Per Minute
If you want to jump-start your payroll service's sales on Monday morning, I have put together a number of suggestions and campaigns that have worked for our payroll clients - many ARE EXTREMELY LOW COST.
By the way, if you want to discuss the campaigns below with your sales team or sales leader, copy and paste the list below into a Word document. Once that's done, make a plan and then take action!
The 10 Campaigns Are:
- Client Survey: Send your clients an e-mail survey that asks how your payroll service is performing, what other services they need and if they would recommend your payroll service to someone they know. Second, make a list of the e-mail addresses that DID NOT open the survey AFTER 72 BUSINESS HOURS. Then on that same day, e-mail this new list another survey. Call each person that took the survey and ask for a referral.
- Prospect Sales Letter: Send a "meeting request" letter to your entire database of prospects next Tuesday morning at 8:15 a.m. AFTER 72 BUSINESS HOURS make a list of the e-mail addresses that DID NOT open this e-mail and then e-mail them the same letter. Have a phone blitz session with your sales team to follow-up each e-mail released.
- Google: List your payroll service on Google local and offer information about the Affordable Care Act or promote a special bundled offer.
- Ask Your Clients This Question: Call your clients and ask who their accountant is. After getting the accountant's name, call and set an appointment with them to discuss your payroll service's referral partner program.
- Create A "Get To Know Us" Kit: As your salespeople drop off their new clients' first payroll, have them give a pre-made "Get To Know Us" kit to four other businesses that are in proximity to this new client (ask the owner of the company for references of other local businesses he or she knows). The kit should contain a special offer, brochure, promotional product and cover letter. You might also consider adding a labor law poster to the package too. By the way, a salesperson can use this same kit when walking through an industrial complex.
- Mail A Lumpy Mail Package: Create a lumpy mail package and mail it to each salesperson's top 10 prospects and top 10 referral partners. The package should contain a special coupon offer, brochure, promotional product and cover letter. Call everyone within 24 hours of the package hitting his or her desk. Mail a lumpy mail package every 60 to 90 days to the group of non-buyers.
- Send A Disappearing Prospect e-Mail: Make a list of all of the prospects that received a proposal from your payroll service (in the last 90 to 120 days) and then stopped returning your salesperson's call. e-Mail this list a "disappearing prospect" e-mail outlining what they recommend for follow-up. This e-mail should outline a few options to help with your follow-up efforts.
- Tap Into FREE Advertising: Send your tips/articles of interest to local business journals; they may publish it free.
- Pay Chamber Members' Dues: Set up a chamber or association partnership that works like this: If a member hires your payroll service, you will pay their membership dues for one year. Given that most chamber memberships cost about $250 a year, it is well worth the acquisition cost. Don't forget to ask the chamber or association for an e-mail list of members to promote this special offer. Once you receive this list, e-mail a press release announcing free chamber dues for all members.
- Create A Plan Of Action: Have each salesperson create a written plan of action for their sales territory tomorrow morning. This will help a salesperson gain sales clarity and focus.
As you can see from the short list above, there are many ways to immediately increase your payroll sales WITHOUT spending a lot of money.
About The Author
Glenn Fallavollita is the President of SellMorePayroll.com, a Division of Drip Marketing, Inc. He founded Drip Marketing, Inc. in 2002, and serves as CEO, lead copywriter and strategist. He is also instrumental in developing the curriculum, format and expansion of Drip University - the training arm of Drip Marketing, Inc. and SellMorePayropll.com. His work, insight and creative talent has been the catalyst for the delivery of more than 35 million e-mail campaigns on behalf of his clients.
To learn how we can help your payroll service increase its sales, visit us on the web at www.SellMorePayroll.com or call us directly at (856) 401-9577.